Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

So Sue Me (or Another Christmas Gift Suggestion)




I notice that I get three hits from Hamilton Ontario every morning. I am sure they are disappointed in as much as I almost never mention National Steal Car. I can see the rail car plant from my house. Heck you can see it from outer space. I thought in reverence to my faithful CANADIAN readers I might send a little note.


I said to a group yesterday that anyone from Cherokee Alabama who didn't vote for me in the past election was a complete moron. Simply because I felt that if I spent the entire four years getting the problem at National Steal Car corrected it would be well worth my time and energy for the people of district six. Where there is one Restaurant now there would be ten. Where there is one hardware store now there would be ten. And where there are 800 houses now there would be 8000. Of course moron might be a little harsh if you own the only restaurant or the only hardware store. Maybe your little pond is quite comfortable.

Two of my heroes, Bob Martin consultant and politician on the republican side and David Bronner Chief of my retirement fund almost always disagree on state politics and finances but they agree on one thing. The $625 Million dollars spent on National Steal Car was a waste. But they are both wrong when they say that no one could anticipate the economy. They are both wrong when they blame the lack of sales at National Steal Car on the National Economic Scene.

The problem at .. .. well, the plant.. (you are tired of my little Steal Car joke) is not the national or local economy. Rail Cars are being built in North America, they are being built and sold in north (and south) America but for some reason they can't be built in Barton Alabama. I think I know why. The problem gentle reader, is the posse of illegal immigrants running the place.

I was unfortunate enough to share a space in said restaurant a few weeks ago with one of the blowhards and when we finished our most uncomfortable meal of the month, I walked to the car, asked my little wife "Do your ears hurt?" she said "Honey my whole head hurts!" An hour of listening to a loudmouth windbag spout engineering nonsense {inaccurate engineering nonsense all the worse} at 65 decibels while his troop of lackeys only had a few seconds to say "Yes sir" to as he refilled his enormous windbags to continue his nonstop diatribe. An abusive tirade that could have been summarized in one sentence -"I am richer and smarter than you- -you backwoods hillbilly!" It was like sitting with a crying baby and a fully loaded diaper.


The problem is not the economy, the problem is the Canadian profit margin. Just double down, take back the plant, fire everybody who makes over a thousand dollars a week and build rail cars at a lower price.

It doesn't matter if we lose money. The lack of return on our investment is going to give us (RSA) losses anyway. If we lose money on the rail cars produced $45,000 a day in local and state tax revenues should cover the state's losses quite nicely. One person said to me "but that would be stealing their plans" - so - Tit for Tat - I say.. take em and make em sue us .. Or take the plans out in the back yard and burn them. I believe our design technology department at the Junior College can CAD up some stinkin rail car plans for cryin out loud.

I understand that the Retirement system has already repossessed the building and is waiting for some miracle. The miracle might be the strategy the RSA used when the Jersey Crime bosses tried to squeeze Bronner out of the state investment in an office building in New York.

Double down and throw the bums out.

1 comment:

  1. Great post!! Having dealt with several of those you're referencing......You're comments are so true!! Writeon..SCC bro!

    ReplyDelete