Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A nugget

Gold lay upon the hillside
Cried "where is my love?"
Come to me forever
If you only know your name

I am FIRE the flame sputtered
Even more brilliant than you
I consume all in my path
With me your beauty will be shared by all

"No", said the Gold, Depart
Fire is not your name

I am EARTH the hill cried out
I support the weight of all
You will be light upon my back
And I can carry you forever

"No", Said the Gold, Depart
Earth is not your name

I am WATER cried the river
Fire and Earth bow before me
You will glisten in my shallows
Come and be my love

"No", Said the Gold, Depart
Water is not your name

Then Gold became dust
And blew away with the wind

"Why?" they all cried
The wind said "Nothing"

...

" Precisely"
___________________________________________________

When asked what he studied in College Jack Benny answered -


" I majored in Humilities"

No comments:

Post a Comment