Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

French sign painter.

Once upon a time a man was trying to sell his house close to the interstate highway in a very depressed real estate market.

A Frenchman came by one day and said:

" I tin'k if I paint the house she will sell"

(add your own French accent) ..

So the homeowner said "how much?

" .. "$5000" was the reply.

Five thousand dollars!

I can get it done for half that by a real contractor!

Wii (or whatever Frenchmen say) but she will not sell!

We will see about that! The homeowner replied, and slammed the door in a huff.

So he contracts the house painted with a reputable contractor for $3000.

Weeks go buy and the house still doesn't sell.

After a couple of months the Frenchman drops by and says..

She does not sell? Yes?

No she does not sell, the exasperated homeowner replies.

Ok .. the Frenchman replies. I paint the house.

If she sell I get $5000,

She no sell I get nothing..

Well Ok.. the exasperated man replies. "what have I got to lose"

The Frenchman waddles to his truck
(he looks a lot like the Penguin in the movie Batman)
Takes out a single can of paint and a huge brush..

Walks to the end of the house and paints:

"FOR SALE" In four foot high letters on the side of the house facing the interstate.

The moral of this story?


I'll tell you Wednesday after we find out if the house sells.

No comments:

Post a Comment