Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Support BP!

There appears to be a growing contingent of people who think we can help the oil spill efforts by supporting BP, "Buy their gas" they say so they will have money to pay for the cleanup. We could take this logic a little farther down the road and just make donations to the Hayward Yacht Club.

Bobby Pitre a Larose, La. resident said. "Man, that ain't right. None of us can even go out fishing, and he's at the yacht races," "I wish we could get a day off from the oil, too."

As you might have guessed I have a somewhat contrary idea to helping BP out of this mess. Hayward said today that BP has spent 2.2 Billion on the cleanup but the states say that the coast residents have only seen 100 million. That sounds like a lot but 100 million is less than five percent of BP's numbers. One person I talked to asked: " Where do I file for my lost vacation time? where do I file for the lost turtles and birds? Where do I file for my pain and suffering for the pearly white beaches that are lost to me for more years than I have left to live?"

My recommendation goes along these lines.

We seem to have a perfectly competent General who is currently unemployed, has experience in disasters, and has this little machine called the UNITED STATES MILITARY at his disposal.
Send Hayward to Afghanistan and put a plain talking experienced general in charge of closing that hole in the ground. It would be appropriate punishment for McChrystal and Hayward.


But again who am I? Maybe just sending a donation to BP is the answer. Or if you like just mail a check to me for my pain and suffering.

That makes more sense to me than buying BP gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment