Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

My friends at the Alabama Eagle Forum (http://www.alabamaeagle.org/) have asked me to answer a series of questions about where I stand on certain issues. I thought my reader(s) might be interested in my response.

What follows is the first of Five Sections on Immigration, State Government, Sanctity of Life, Education Issues, and Property rights. This is the final installment.


Property Rights;

Q. 1 I will support a bill to return property reassessment to every four years to reduce the tax burden.

A. Yes
Many households find themselves underwater in the value of their homes in this economy. The tax assessors who were so eager to reappraise property in the bubble are not so eager to reappraise now that values have dropped.

Q. 2 Private property rights and private ownership of real property must be protected. Eminent domain should be exercised ONLY for public use, such as municipal buildings, schools, hospitals, roads or public utilities. Private enterprise should not be considered a public use even when it brings public benefits such as increased tax revenues, employment or general economic health. I support an amendment to the Alabama Constitution and statute changes to ensure private property rights.

A. Yes!.
As Forest would say, “That's all I have to say about that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment