Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sanctity of Life

My friends at the Alabama Eagle Forum (http://www.alabamaeagle.org/) have asked me to answer a series of questions about where I stand on certain issues. I thought my reader(s) might be interested in my response.

What follows is the first of Five Sections on Immigration, State Government, Sanctity of Life, Education Issues, and Property rights. This is part 3.

Sanctity of Life

1 Q. An unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed.

A. Yes

My position on abortion is a little to the right of God Almighty himself. God after all can take the murdered unborn into his bosom. God can create new life. As a man I can only steward the life before me. As a young man I might have been able to abide abortion, but every year makes me more aware of how precious and rare the gift of life really is. I don't get angry often, but one of the things that raises the hair on the back of my neck is the right to life supporter who leaves an out for “rape, incest, and the health of the mother”.

My mind always asks. - What did those children do to deserve to die?

2 Q. Adult Stem Cell research which has shown considerable success should be encouraged. Embryonic stem cell research which has shown no clinical success requires the taking of a human life and requires state funds should not be used for embryonic stem cell research.

A. Uhhh... what? ... YES.., NO, NO, YES.

Stem cell research should be encouraged at all stages.
All discoveries are unexpected, that is why they are called discoveries.
Human life should never be taken in research.
And State funds should not be used for medical research.

3 Q. I support legislation that will provide a conscience exception for health care providers and pharmacist who believe in Sanctity of Life and choose not to perform procedure or provide medication that do not comply with that belief.

A. Yes, Generally.
I support the right of doctors to refuse to perform procedures that they deem inconsistent with their beliefs. Pharmacist, not so much. The Pharmacist job is to support the doctor and protect the patient. It is the patient's job to make sure the pharmacist and the doctor are working in harmony.


No comments:

Post a Comment