Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

A Mothers Prayer Day

Another one of those slow news days. The headline story is teachers insurance costs go from $2 to $15. Wow what a news item!

The Region story is about a guy arrested for coming into a woman's house with a gun and demanding money she owed.. DaNg! - What kind of people do you owe money to that makes collections in the middle of the night with a 357?, (I will give you a minute to ponder that)..

Most of my bill collectors are in ChInda anyway so I my worst worry is that they will call in the middle of the day .. IN INDIA.

But of some importance is the story on "National Day of Prayer" .. I suppose what day it is doesn't matter much as long as we have one but there seems to be some disagreement as to what day.. (We could make it April 15, as one person pointed out - everybody in the US of A is on their knees anyway.)

April 19 is considered.. Since for some reason the vampires on both sides of the isle seem to come out of their coffins on that day .. Then there is May Day, The Ruskkies would love that.. (sorry some of my best friends are .. never mind)..

There is Cinco De Mayo, Which has some controversy regarding illegal immigration. I guess we can't do that.


For my money, I could be persuaded to overlap it with mothers day.. After all if we could take our mothers to church, give them a nice corsage, hold their hand while we Pray . Knowing that every person in America who believes in God is holding the hand of their mother and praying for our Country would be a request the Lord God would not ignore.


I certainly wish I could pray with my mother on Sunday. If your mother is still of flesh and blood I promise you could give her no better gift.

(Although my mother has passed.. I assure you that this Sunday I will be praying. -And she will be right at my side.)



__________________________________________

Investment Tip of the day:

Cash in your 401K and put it on Super Saver in the Preakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment