Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Proud of what I have done for Phil Campbell?

When I mentioned to my boss at the college what I was planning to throw my hat into the ring, he said "Well I don't think the sitting senator has done a single thing for our school" .. I replied, "Yeah but when he hears I am running I promise you will get something before November."

My grassroots supporters came out early in my home town of Phil Campbell, I think a volunteer called on every house. The support was firm and fast.

Yesterday the Northwest Alabamian had a 180 point headline "$650,000 grant for the Phil Campbell Industrial Park"- “They’ve had a lot of people look at the property but they all required a sewer system,”

This has to be the most significant improvement in Phil Campbell since my uncle put in the water system in nineteen-ought-fifty-five.

This is good, very good, with unemployment raging at twice the national average in district six it is about time some incentives to get the people working again.

The shame of it has to be that it took a gentle shake of the Gentleman from Franklin County to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment